The Owl was privileged to catch up with the multi-faceted Siddhanth Kapoor a.k.a Bullzeye before he churns out a special birthday set tonight at Ruka, Mumbai for the next edition of SLEEPLESS powered by Ankytrixx & Friends Entertainment.
Bullzeye, who is known for his distinct techno, progressive sound in the Indian electronic dance music scene shall be sharing the console with the highly accomplished Greek producer DOUSK tonight.
Here we have Bullzeye in a candid conversation with Front Row Ravers below:
1. Hey Siddhanth, first of all, we would like to wish you a very happy birthday from the entire team of Front Row Ravers. So then, what’s going down this birthday? What shall we expect from that special birthday set for the #AFEWeekend?
Bullzeye: Thanks guys, a special set for my birthday is guaranteed 🙂
I really look forward to everyone smiling and dancing happily to some proper deep tunes tonight! This is surely going to be awesome and you better not be missing this out!
2. Not many of us know that you have a strong connection with music through your maternal side. In fact, your maternal grandfather was a highly accomplished Veena player. Did you play any musical instrument yourself?
Bullzeye: Yeah, I used to play the Tabla and sing as well. I would love to pursue it further some time in the near future.
3. We are following your career graph as a DJ for quite a while now and being honest; we are pleasantly surprised every single time we hear you playing?
So how did this musical journey begin?
Like who or what inspired you to make electronic music?
Bullzeye: I haven’t produced music since a long time now as I can’t devote much time towards it,but will surely be starting soon again. For me , my biggest inspiration would be Paul Oakenfold back in the 90’s. His set’s at Gatecrasher in the late 90’s were just out of the world and that indeed was a big inspiration behind me picking up electronic music.
4. What is the thought process that goes behind your track selections? Like how much of an impact does the external factors like the venue, promoters, the crowd does have?
Bullzeye: To be honest, I don’t really decide what I have to play, I feel the vibe at that very moment and play what feel’s right at that point in my journey 🙂
5. This reminds me you did a fabulous job opening for the Italian legend Joseph Capriati last summer. So according to you, which has been your best set till date? A particular vibe which you cannot forget?
Bullzeye – Recently it was the DEEP IN DANCE Anniversary party. Next level stuff for sure! It was an amazing experience playing out there and I enjoyed myself a lot.
6. On that very same note, you unleashed mayhem on the third day of Hilltop Festival 2016 along with DJ Starling. We hear some whispers that both of you guys are going to collaborate as a psychedelic act?
Can you tell us something more on that?
Bullzeye: Yes we have come together as a DUO to start of collaboration (SKSD), Star has been a very old friend, we understand each other’s music and vibe quite well.
7. As someone who has a regular in the Mumbai party circuit and someone who has shared the vibes from both – front and behind the console, have you observed any change in the party culture as such?
Bullzeye: Definitely over the past 16-17 years, I have seen a significant shift, especially in the Electronica Genre, a lot of people have started loving the style in India, it is growing for sure 🙂
#FastFive with FRR:
1. Any particular track you are hooked onto right now?
– Victor Ruiz’s SoulSeek
2. Your dream collaboration would be with?
– Maceo Plex hands down 😉
3. The best piece of advice you have received as an artist?
– “Produce yaar, you will smash it!”
4. Your most memorable birthday experience?
– Last year in HONG KONG with my family around.
5. Who from the Indian film industry can be termed as big electronic dance music fan? Is there anyone who could pick up an alternate career of DJ’ing?
– Shahid Kapoor. He surely can spin them 😀
Make sure you catch Bullzeye along with DOUSK tonight as they bring down the house at
Venue: Ruka, Mumbai
Date: 09th July, 2016
Time: 11 PM onwards
Entry: Rupees 500/- only